Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Week #2

Monday, February 11, 2008

I worked from 8:45am to 3:15pm for a total of 6 hours and 30 minutes this week.

Total hours so far: 13 hrs. 5 min.

Quote: Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all its pupils.
Song: Nachle Ve by Sonu Nigam and Somya Patel, Album: TaRaRumPum

This week, I went out with my one of my supervisors to recruit students from Metro to the EL program. The morning was spent giving presentations with Amy, my supervisor, to all the 10th grade Art classes at Metro. It was mostly a learning experience, trying to give a presentation without giving out too much information about the program, as well as presenting the key ideas that would grab the students' attention. Amy and I gave a slideshow presentation of Coro Exploring Leadership to 4 classes. One presentation I gave alone. Once the presentations were done, we went back to the Coro office and I entered the interested students' information in to a document for later use.

There was not enough time to work on my WLE project, but I did discuss what I had done the previous week and how the following weeks would allow more focus time on the research of organizations that can support the EL program.

The Coro office is actually pretty quiet. Everyone is in their office typing away at their computers. It is not serious, but it is formal. The dress-code is casual professional. I have my own office. The area is quite small, with 6 offices, a copy room, a conference room, and a training room. The staff is small, but a lot of work is getting done. Everyone has been working at the office for a while, so they are all familiar with each other. I know most of the staff to through my experience as a participant in the EL program. The office is different form school and other places I have been because of the fact that it is quite small. Everyone is in their own space for the majority of the time, but they talk to each other and keep up to date with everything.


No comments: